Peripheral neuropathy encompasses numerous conditions that directly affect the peripheral nervous system. An individual may experience neuropathy when there has been damage to the central nervous system from various causes, resulting in a disconnect between the central nervous system and the part responsible for sending and receiving sensory signals.
At Colorado Medical, the core of our practice is our patients. We can help you promote a positive lifestyle, beyond the absence of your neuropathy condition by addressing your unique circumstances. Utilizing innovative medical approaches, our practitioners can help alleviate your neuropathic symptoms through progressive medicine. The peripheral nerves have a high chance of healing, even if it may take some time. In some situations, however, symptoms may lessen but not completely go away.
What are some symptoms of peripheral neuropathy?
Neuropathy affects nearly 20 million Americans, with conditions varying from mild to more chronic cases. Neuropathic pain tends to start in an individual’s extremities, but other areas may be affected; most individuals that have experienced or are currently living with peripheral neuropathy have described the pain as burning, stabbing, or sudden sharp pain. Other symptoms may include:
- Gradual onset of tingling in the feet or hands that may spread further to the legs and arms
- Muscle weakness, twitching, and cramps
- Loss of ability to detect any changes in temperature (extreme heat or extreme cold)
- Hypersensitivity when performing tasks that do not require much effort (standing up, walking)
- Loss of coordination and having trouble balancing
You can now book your Neuropathy appointment:
New Patients: 719-300-6200
Current Patient: 719-300-6200
New Patients: 720-465-1200
Current Patient: 720-550-6907
Alleviating your peripheral neuropathy symptoms using a holistic and progressive approach
In addition to improving your muscle coordination, our range of non-invasive services can benefit your sensory system and get you back on your feet faster. Our medical team is dedicated to instilling the proprietary methods of those living with nerve damage and helping their bodies accelerate cellular repair and healing.
Nerve stimulation has been proven to enhance the response time of a nerve, and enhance the stability in ankles, feet, and knees. Our medical team can provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your condition and walk you through numerous non-surgical methods that can help you regain your vitality.
When you book an appointment with us, we can customize the right therapy plan for your condition. We will begin with a detailed intake of your current lifestyle and address any current medical conditions that attribute to your symptoms. If you are living with peripheral neuropathy, it’s imperative that you seek out the correct treatment plans for your success. Our team of qualified practitioners will provide you with confidential and knowledgeable information about your options. We only work with the latest and most advanced cutting-edge medical treatments that revolve around exceptional patient care.
What causes peripheral neuropathy?
The condition causes nerve damage for a variety of different reasons. Generally, they include:
- Diabetes. Poorly controlled sugar levels in individuals with diabetes account for about 60% of all cases of peripheral neuropathy. High blood sugar levels cause the blood vessels responsible for carrying oxygen and nutrients to the body’s hands feet, and essential organs like the kidneys and the heart. When there is a shortage of oxygen flow, there is a higher risk of loss of sensation in body parts.
- Autoimmune diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and Guillain-Barre syndrome are some of the most common diseases that can result in peripheral neuropathy. Because these conditions increase the inflammatory response in your body, the chances of numbness and tingling in your body will increase.
- Environmental and dietary toxins. When an individual is exposed to large amounts of chemicals, they have a higher chance of getting nerve damage. The most common toxins that are either ingested or absorbed via skin are mercury, lead, thallium, and arsenic. In some cases, peripheral neuropathy may be caused by some ingredients in certain recreational drugs.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency. B12 is imperative in nerve health – when there is a lack of this vitamin in the body, the nerves become vulnerable to peripheral neuropathy. Getting more B12 in your diet can increase the myelin sheat that surrounds the nerves, and protect it against elements of neuropathic conditions.
- Injuries. Motor vehicle accidents or sports injuries can cause the peripheral nerves to not respond properly to sensory motions.
Superior Quality Integrated Wellness & Anti-Aging to Transform Your Life
Colorado Medical Solutions is an integrated wellness clinic that aims to thoroughly and effectively treat patients with the most cutting-edge healthcare services that aim to reduce prescriptions, prevent surgeries and restore optimal health and happiness. We have locations in Downtown Denver and Colorado Springs for your convenience. Our medical center offers a variety of services and stay up-to-date with the amazing advancements that have broken the mold of traditional medical treatments.
Book your consultation today!
Lets Get Started.
We Promised To Take Care... And Delivered
Staff has been nothing but helpful in my months going here. Both Cianna and Ally have been very friendly and welcoming, and the atmosphere is very comforting. Love it here and will definitely continue coming!
- macie dilcher
Everyone was really great! Ally explained everything thoroughly and kept me well informed through the entire process and she was so so nice!
- Stephanie Castro
Hormones are doing great, hot flashes taken care of, and so many more benefits. Friendly and helpful staff too!
- Georgia Wunsch
Colorado Medical Solutions has made a huge difference in my life. The hormone therapy has done wonders for me. I’m 52 and since going to them I feel like I’m in my early 40’s! Jonathan, Chris,Robin & Pam all take special care of you! An amazing team of people that truly care about your well being!
- Jen Pauls
I have been going to Colorado Medical Solutions for almost a year for my weight loss issues. They are the first place to take my hormone issue seriously and have got my body working again! I have lost 30 pounds and am still going. If you ever feel like you are u sure, just ask what you need to and they will be happy to help!
- R . F
Personalized Treatments For The Individual Characteristics of Each Patient
Colorado Medical Solutions specialize in Hormone Replacement Therapy, and Advanced Biostructural Correction (ABC), an alternative to Chiropractic care. We are committed to providing an extra layer of support throughout the treatment, ensuring that you get the care you deserve. Schedule a free consultation with a doctor to be evaluated and discuss the best treatment option.